Help us to grow fruit, vegetables, flowers….. and people
Volunteer at flourish Together and kick the Covid Blues away!
Flourish Together is located at the Growers Hub in Broadford. It provides an opportunity for people in the community to meet in a welcoming and supportive environment. We grow fruit and vegetables, chat, learn and most importantly have a cup of tea! No experience is necessary and help is always at hand.
There is a large purpose built polytunnel plus outdoor beds where we grow our produce. The fruit and vegetables are shared between the growers, the community Fridge and Salad Saturdays. Over the last 18months we have developed a sensory garden which was planned designed and constructed by the Flourish Together volunteers and participants. The sensory garden provides a peaceful space to sit breathe and think,and is open to all visitors of the Growers Hub.
Flourish Together meet from February to December. Activities are organised with the weather in mind! We are mainly out and about in the growing areas digging, barrowing, planting, weeding and cropping. Activities can be modified and adapted to all abilities and needs. If we are beaten by the wind and rain then we have indoor spaces where we can sow seeds, participate in crafts such as sign construction, a bit of wood work, and a cup of tea! Most bring their lunch, taking advantage of the opportunity to make new friends and socialise.
At present our timetable is:
- Monday – 11am until 1pm Dementia Scotland Highland
- Tuesday – 10am until 3pm Mixed group, busy and lively
- Wednesday – 10 until 3pm Quiet session and taster sessions
This might help:
- Do I need to know anything about gardening? NO
- What do i wear? Outdoor clothing and sturdy shoes or wellies
- Do I bring lunch? Yes, if you would like to stay for the day
- Do I need tools or equipment? No, everything is provided
- What does it cost? Its FREE