The COVID19 outbreak has been devastating for us here on Skye and from the outset the first question for every voluntary group was how we could best serve our small, fragile Communities.
So what are we up to at the Broadford and Strath Community Company …..
Every night our helpers pick up the COOP excess stock at 9.30 to have out for the Community at the Broadford Village Hall from 9.40pm till 10.15pm.
On Wednesday afternoons Broadford and Strath Community Company coordinate volunteers who deliver meals to over 110 homes in Broadford and Strath as part of our Meal Share. Along with the meal is freshly picked salad grown in our Community Allotments at the Growers Hub.
Since we have begun approximately 1500 individuals have benefitted from our Food and Meal Share initiative. None of this would have been possible without the support of the Community and our numerous Partners.
We expect the after affects of COVID19 to last for a long time so our plan for the future is more Food Sharing, a Communty Fridge and continued growing for the Community.
If anyone would like to either receive something as part of the Food and Meal Share please just call 01471 820 094 or email email@example.com.
Thanks to those who have supported the Broadford and Strath Community Company to date…
Special thanks to those who have supported Broadford and Strath Community Company with their COVID19 Response to date:
- HIE who have facilitated the Scottish Government Supporting Communities Grant
- Corra Foundation
- Highland Council Ward Discretionary Fund
- Community Donations
- The Community Foodbank Skye and Lochalsh for their invaluable support and partnership working.
- The Broadford Cooperative staff who have been sooo helpful and supportive.
- Elgol Shop for their food donations.
- Camping Skye for the use of their space to get the Project started.
- The Broadford Village Hall who allow us to use their grounds each evening for the Food Share.
- John at the Hebridean Inn who donates his time and kitchen to prepare meals for the Meal Share.
- Strath Print for printing our meal share stickers free of charge.
- The helpers and growers at our Community Allotments at the Growers Hub.
- Tracy who has volunteered her Broadford Outdoor Learning experience to the Broadford Primary School.
- RagTag who have donated face masks to be shared with the Community.
- Broadford Library who donated books and magazines.
And of course the biggest thank you to the over 100 Volunteers who have supported the Food and Meal Share so far. None it of it would be possible without you!